Pandoc version 1.12.1502 or higher required

Latest Rstudio version preview 1.2.1502 keeps telling me Pandoc is required whenever i try to use blogdown, pagdown and/or xaringan with .RMD files. Any help please

> xaringan:::inf_mr()
Error: pandoc version 1.12.3 or higher is required and was not found (see the help page ?rmarkdown::pandoc_available).
> rmarkdown::pandoc_version()
NULL

This variable should be set in RStudio

Sys.getenv("RSTUDIO_PANDOC")

Does it get you something ?

Pandoc should be included in RStudio installed folder

Yes it does get a path to a folder called Pandoc but i cant find the folder when i look for it.

> Sys.getenv("RSTUDIO_PANDOC")
[1] "C:/Program Files/RStudio/bin/pandoc"

What is the folder ? Is it the one from your last Rstudio installation ?

Mine's is this

Sys.getenv("RSTUDIO_PANDOC")
#> [1] "C:/Program Files/RStudio/bin/pandoc"

Yes it the same path as yours

And where is installed you RStudio IDE ?

If it is the same folder, I think you should try to reinstall.

Just tried reinstalling it. still doesnt work

have you check where the IDE is installed and see if pandoc is in the bin folder ?

its strange, but the pandoc file is not there in the bin folder when i check where the rstudio IDE is installed

It should be included.
Check again this download page

At least, It is included in the portable bundle - I just checked.

You may have restriction on your PC with an antivirus that may put pandoc into quarantine... :thinking:

I just downloaded Pandoc from the its website https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.7.2 and manually put the pandoc folder in the bin directory.
Working fine now. Thanks

1 Like

Just for follow up, it could be related to this issue

1 Like

true....they are related

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.