Paramaterized RMDs directly served by shiny-server

Is it possible to pass parameters to shiny-server hosted interactive (Rmd) files which have static parameters defined in the YAML header?

I have a flexdashboard Rmd file using the shiny runtime which I'd like to deploy to a shiny-server (specifically, a docker container derived on the rocker base image). My Rmd has a couple of parameters which, in an interactive environment, I override via params in the rmarkdown:::run call. If I drop the RMD in the shiny-server directory, there's no opportunity to change the parameters. Looking over the shiny-server source, there doesn't look to be a way to accomplish this short of writing a shiny app wrapper.

Ideally, I'd be able to pass parameters in the url (e.g. http://localhost:3838:/mydocument.Rmd?param1=foo&param2=bar) but I'm open to other approaches!

Thanks in advance for the help!

David

Hey davidski,
did you found any solution for this issue? I faced the same problem and can't determine how can I pass cutom params to the server...

I'm afraid I never got anywhere further with this, but I'd still love a solution! Probably won't have any time to dedicate to this for a bit though.

Changing parameter on a deployed parametrized report is possible on RStudio Connect. On a shiny server, I am not sure...
On RStudio Connect, if you publish the source, you can then modify the parameters on the server interface and rerun the report on the server directly. Working well!