Pipe operator (%>%) not working and text in editor not selectable

I recently had two problems apprearing at the same time in RStudio 2023.3.0.386:

1. Pipe operator %>% stopped working with ctrl shift M. (Actually only the source editor is affected, ctrl shift M works in the console).

2. Text in the source editor is not selectable by mouse, only by the
keyboard.

I did not assign the shortcut ctrl shift M to another function. Nor did I install any new software recently.
I checked several sources regarding dfunctive pipe shortcut and I checked all programs that possibly share the same shortkey:

1. ctrl + shift + m (pipe operator) shortcut is suddenly stop working since this morning. - #14 by Jared_Savage

2. tidyverse - RStudio pipe operator (%>%) shortcut (CTRL+SHIFT+M) not working in Edge browser - Stack Overflow

3. r - Rstudio pipe operator (%>%) shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+M) not working - Stack Overflow

4. https://defkey.com/what-means/shift-command-m (this list is very helpful!)

I also tried to reset the desktop state regarding the non selectable text, but the problem persists:

1. Cannot select text in Rstudio desktop

I know that I could just change the keyboard shortcut, but I am very, very used to this one.

How could I further debug these two problems?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.