pkgdown / add additional static html file?

Hello,

I have an R package that is using pkgdown to general HTML docs, and I'm using github actions to push this to gh-pages. This was very easy and quite nice.

My R package generates HTML reports from sequence data. I have one example report checked into the github repo as a static file. It takes a lot of data to make a useful example, so I dont want to build that HTML example on-the-fly during the R package build. It is possible I could somehow include this as a proper R vignette, but at the moment it's just an extra file in the repo: https://github.com/BimberLab/cellhashR/tree/master/examples.

Is there a way to get pkgdown to somehow include this file in the resulting HTML docs? If I could at least get pkgdown to copy that HTML file into ./docs in a consistent location, then I could reference it from the README (akin to copying a static image file). I tried adding 'resource_files' to _pkgdown.yml (Build articles section — build_articles • pkgdown), but this didnt seem to do anything.

One second consideration is that if I do link to this static file from README, I would like that link to work when the README is rendered at the root of my github project, and also when it's used as index.html of the pgkdown output.

I am considering a) researching whether I should somehow make this HTML example into a proper vignette (the HTML isnt really a vignette, but the output from a vignette), or b) see if pgkdown/resource_files can be used. Are there standard ways to make this work? Thanks for any help or ideas.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.