Yes ofcourse, I am not exactly sure what solved it in the end though. My guess is that the packages were only saved in the system library, and if there comes a lock on it somewhere you can not alter that then. I found somewhere that you can prevent the locks by adding this: BiocManager::install("jsonlite", force = TRUE, INSTALL_opts = '--no-lock'). But I already had the lock on there so that did not really help for me. So what I did is make sure that the packages were downloaded in the user library instead of the system library, by first making a directory and then doing this: .libPaths(c("C:/Users/asoph/OneDrive/Documenten/R/win-library/4.3.1")). And after that it seemed to work much better. And then for installing Platypus I downloaded the tar.gz file from the github and then using this command: install.packages("Platypus", lib = "C:/Users/asoph/OneDrive/Documenten/R/win-library/4.3.1", dependencies = TRUE), but honestly I am not sure if the lib parameter works because it seemed to also put it in the user library without that parameter. I hope this helps if anyone has the same struggle. I think that in most cases if you download the newer R version is makes this user library itself, because my colleague did not seem to have this problem.