Problem installing multiple packages RGtk2, GTK+, gWidgets, gWidgetsRGtk2...

I am running R version 3.5.1 (2018-07-02) -- "Feather Spray"
Platform: i386-w64-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)
RStudio Version 1.1.456

I need to work with MixSIAR package and I am supposed to install several packages to get a GUI to work. However, I can't even get past the first step and it has nothing to do with MixSIAR package....I have tried to install the RGtk2 package and each time I get errors and the install fails, ive even tried installing outside of R studio and still have issues. I don't know where to start.

The system error that occurs says

"The program can't start because libatk-1.0-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

I click OK and the next screen immediately to pop up is

"Need GTK+?

I get 2 options:

Install GTK+ or Do not install GTK+

If I click DO NOT install, I get stuck in a loop that RStudio will not let me out of. It immediately sends the system error message again, I click OK and it brings back the Install GTK+ question. This cycle continues until I select Install GTK+ or I kill RStudio manually

When I click install and OK and every time I get this:

Loading required package: RGtk2
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
unable to load shared object 'C:/Users/myname/Documents/R/win-library/3.5/RGtk2/libs/i386/RGtk2.dll':
LoadLibrary failure: The specified module could not be found.

trying URL 'http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.22/gtk+-bundle_2.22.1-20101227_win32.zip'
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘RGtk2’:
.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'RGtk2', details:
call: download.file(dep_url, path, mode = "wb")
error: cannot open URL 'http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.22/gtk+-bundle_2.22.1-20101227_win32.zip'
Error: package ‘RGtk2’ could not be loaded
In addition: Warning messages:
1: Failed to load RGtk2 dynamic library, attempting to install it.
2: In download.file(dep_url, path, mode = "wb") :
InternetOpenUrl failed: 'The operation timed out'

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.