Problem with Active Directory integration - person not in allowed groups can access, those who aren't can't

I followed the guidelines for integrating with Active Directory and enlisted the help of the local Linux Admin (RHEL 7). We currently have things working great for him, but nobody else. An error in the log that kind of jumped out was:

May 6 16:37:33 css-wbdapp1-p9 rserver[13358]: ERROR system error 13 (Permission denied) [group-value=BI - Platform - Analytics Admin]; OCCURRED AT: rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::system::group::::groupFrom(const rstudio_boost::function<int(T, group, char, size_t, group**)>&, T, rstudio::core::system::group::Group*) [with T = const char*]**

I had initially copied over the login file to the 'rstudio' file in the /etc/pam.d directory. Linux admin read that having both the standard Unix user auth and Active directory auth running was a recipe for trouble. Anyhow at this point we have a nice server for the admin but alas the analysts are locked out. We could of course use the base Unix style logins but Active Directory would be much preferred for a variety of reasons. Any and all insight would be appreciated esp if that error rings a bell.

Thanks

Hey there @mistasteve! I'm not 100% sure I am following your configuration here.

It sounds like you have the RHEL 7 server joined to your Active Directory domain. What tool are you using for that?

Is this an RStudio Server Pro server? If so, your best avenue for assistance might be through our professional support team at support@rstudio.com! If you can share your server configuration, PAM files, and logs, that would be helpful to get us started.

Otherwise, I'm not super familiar with that error. My guess would be some type of group restriction. Have you set up any group restrictions in your PAM profiles?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.