Problems downloading any package on R studio

Every time I try to install a package on R studio I get a ton of errors while it downloads and it results in it not working--often what happens is it tries to install other packages and I get a compiling error of some sorts.

The errors come one after another each time with a new package that the terminal is trying to install to create the desired package.

I realized that I didn't have the actual R language downloaded to my laptop so I uninstalled r studio and installed It then re installed studio and the same exact thing happened. Not sure what else there is to do--I am on an apple silicon and have xcode installed as well

here is an example of the errors

ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘vctrs’

• removing ‘/Users/samdisorbo/opt/anaconda3/envs/R_programming/lib/R/library/vctrs’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘vctrs’ had non-zero exit status
    ERROR: dependencies ‘lifecycle’, ‘vctrs’ are not available for package ‘pillar’
  • removing ‘/Users/samdisorbo/opt/anaconda3/envs/R_programming/lib/R/library/pillar’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘pillar’ had non-zero exit status

From Troubleshooting Guide: Using RStudio

Hello Samuel,

I am afraid I can only help you by 'touching' your post, so that it is seen (again) by community members that know your environment: "apple silicon" and "xcode" are not known to me.

On the other site: it is not unusual for the install of a package that a lot of dependencies are also installed.

I don't know if in your environment packages have to be compiled.
In the Windows environment where I work, you can sometime choose if you want to install the binary or the source version, the latter having to be compiled.

I hope your problem is being solved soon!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.