Problems with compilated R versions

Hello,
we use rstudiopro 1.0.153 and 3 versions of R : 3.4.2 / 3.3.3 /3.2.5 on debian 8
R 3.3.3 and R 3.2.5 are compiled.
With these versions , i have the following problems :slight_smile:

We test the output graphics with
plot(AirPassengers)

it works with R3.4.2

but not with the compilated versions, we have the following error messages =>
Error in RStudioGD() : Shadow graphics device error: r error 4 (R code execution error)

I have an other problem with compilated versions when i want to install tcltk2 =>

Warning: S3 methods ‘as.character.tclObj’, ‘as.character.tclVar’, ‘as.double.tclObj’, ‘as.integer.tclObj’, ‘as.logical.tclObj’, ‘as.raw.tclObj’, ‘print.tclObj’, ‘[[.tclArray’, ‘[[<-.tclArray’, ‘$.tclArray’, ‘$<-.tclArray’, ‘names.tclArray’, ‘names<-.tclArray’, ‘length.tclArray’, ‘length<-.tclArray’, ‘tclObj.tclVar’, ‘tclObj<-.tclVar’, ‘tclvalue.default’, ‘tclvalue.tclObj’, ‘tclvalue.tclVar’, ‘tclvalue<-.default’, ‘tclvalue<-.tclVar’, ‘close.tkProgressBar’ were declared in NAMESPACE but not found
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tcltk’:
.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'tcltk', details:
call: fun(libname, pkgname)
error: Tcl/Tk n'est pas supporté sur ce système
Error : package ‘tcltk’ could not be loaded
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘tcltk2’

tlctk is present on the server, but with the compilated version, it seems impossible to reach the tcltk files

I think that i have a problem when i do the "make install" of the R compilated version.

thank you,

samuel triviere

Seems like an issue with Debian, maybe you need to use a different compiler to see if that works? I think you can use a Makefile to specify what compiler you want to use like so:

Are you using docker to build this enviroment? You might need the tk package from Debian:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=tk&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all

Or these packages from here:
sudo apt-get install tcl8.5-dev tk8.5-dev

This might also help as well:
https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/213948648-library-tcltk-