Problems with the library rattle

Hi everyone!
I am having problems with the installation of the library rattle for the latest version of rStudio, has anyone else experienced issues? Any solutions?

Thans!

Package installation is not actually related to your RStudio version but to your R version, to been able to help you we need more information. What is the problem you are having? Do you get an error message?

Thank you!
Yeah, sorry if I am making mistakes but I am quite new around here.
Actually you're right, I meant that I have downloaded the latest version of R (4.0.0).

When trying to load the library rattle, the system is telling me the following error -> Error in library(rattle) : there is no package called ‘rattle’.

This happens only with this library, I do not know if it is a problem related to the use of a Mac (Catalina 10.15.3).

Thanks in advance

Have you already installed the package before loading it? Do you get any error message during the installation process?

install.packages("rattle", dependencies = TRUE) 

Yes I have tried, and it gives me the following errors:

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘tidyr’

• removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/tidyr’

ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘rggobi’

• removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/rggobi’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘rggobi’ had non-zero exit status
    ERROR: dependency ‘tidyr’ is not available for package ‘rattle’
  • removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/rattle’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘rattle’ had non-zero exit status

It starts working at the beginning and then shows me these errors

For installing packages from source, you need to install Xcode in your system (not in R) and the recommended development tools for macOS systems.
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/tools/

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, it worked perfectly fine!

Thank you so much for the help

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.