Project Template custom paths

I'm currently creating my own Project Template to make things smoother in the future.

One of the things I want to do is have each project have the date it was created in its directory name. I could add this manually when creating the Project and choosing the path, but I would like to be able to do this automatically. That way, all I need to do is to choose a name for the project and not worry about the date (or consistent formatting).

I tried to just change it in the binding function using

path <- paste(Sys.Date(),path)

But this just created a second folder with the files that I generated, but the .Rproj file was on its own in the original directory name. When the project opens, none of the files I'd specified in the OpenFiles parameter had opened because they weren't in the correct project folder.

Is there a way to do this? Either during the project creation binding or in the .dcf file, (or anywhere else)

Unfortunately there's no way to do this; the user is always in control of the path where the project is created (the template only gets to choose what files get copied to that path).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.