Inspired by this post:
There are way more terms that are pronounced differently. I wanted to collect some info on how people say things out loud.
Add your examples in comments!
(Pardon me not using IPA symbols!)
- CRAN: is it krun, kran, see-ran, see-run, or C-R-A-N
- dplyr: dee-ply-R (dee-playa) or dee-ply-er (deep liar)
- purrr: do you really roll your r's?
- stringr: string-R? stringer? (all the other words ending in "r" go here, too, basically)
- UseR: user or use-R?
- broom: broom or bee-room?
- ggraph: gee-graph or gee-gee-graph? (redundant G, but in line with ggplot)
These are a few examples where I heard more than one version.