Quarto not installed in rstudio new project menu choices in fedora37

Hi,
I installed rstudio-desktop both in ubuntu 22.04 and fedora 37. In ubuntu, when you do 'new project, a series of quarto choices come up to create. in Fedora 37 when you do new project - no quarto project choices show up to choose from. In both cases I have installed the CLI as well.

In fedora, quarto shows up as installed in the r packages list.

How do I get the project choices to appear in RStudio in fedora? Thanks

1 Like

I have the same problem with Fedora 37 and RStudio 2022.07.2+576. No quarto files show up in the files dropdown menu. I can open and render a quarto file created elsewhere, but it only shows up in Source mode, and Visual Mode does not work. I don't know if this is a Rstudio problem or a Fedora packaging problem.

Same here. Just switched from Endeavour OS to Fedora and discovered that there's no quarto options in RStudio.

I am aware on an issue with Fedora and Quarto that has been fixed

This may not be included in the Quarto version that should be bundled within the RStudio version used.

Have any of you tried to install Quarto independently to last version and see if this works with RStudio ?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.