R and RStudio Desktop Installation errors

I am having difficulties installing RStudio on to my machine.

Normally, I install R and RStudio using the Anaconda package. However, when I tried installing through the conda prompt (Elevated) I get the following output for "conda install r-essentials":

CondaVerificationError: The package for m2w64-libtiff located at ..\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\pkgs\m2w64-libtiff-4.0.6-2
appears to be corrupted. The path 'Library/mingw-w64/bin/libtiff-5.dll'
specified in the package manifest cannot be found.

CondaVerificationError: The package for m2w64-libtiff located at ...\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\pkgs\m2w64-libtiff-4.0.6-2
appears to be corrupted. The path 'Library/mingw-w64/bin/tiff2pdf.exe'

CondaVerificationError: The package for m2w64-libtiff located at ...\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\pkgs\m2w64-libtiff-4.0.6-2
appears to be corrupted. The path 'Library/mingw-w64/bin/tiffcrop.exe'

appears to be corrupted. The path 'Library/mingw-w64/lib/libtiff.a'

appears to be corrupted. The path 'Library/mingw-w64/lib/libtiff.dll.a'

appears to be corrupted. The path 'Library/mingw-w64/share/doc/tiff-4.0.6/ChangeLog'
specified in the package manifest cannot be found.”

So I tried installing R and Rstudio as a stand-alone. I was available to install R (v 3.4.3) properly from the CRAN repository. When I tried installing RStudio (v. 1.1.423) desktop, I received the following:

"Error opening file for writing:
C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin\sumatra\SumatraPDF.exe

Click Abort to cancel
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file"

So I am kind of curious what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-merchantofam

Sorry, but we don't support Anaconda installations of R or RStudio.

The error related to SumatraPDF.exe seems to imply you tried to reinstall RStudio while RStudio (or its bundled Sumatra PDF) was already open. Closing your PDF viewer (and as a last ditch resort, restarting your machine) should resolve that.