R assignment, not yielding results

Consider 5 mothers with heights 67, 68, 69, 70, 71.
At which mother's height will there be the most precise prediction of daughter's height? (Your answer should depend on your data!)
Explain why in a single sentence.

I am having issues getting the answer.

This is the answer i used;
dat <- cbind(MyHeightData, Pred_inter)
ggplot(MyHeightData, aes(x = MyHeightData$Mother, y = MyHeightData$Height)) + geom_point(color = "darkslategray", size = 1) + geom_smooth(method = lm, col = "ivory4") + geom_line(aes(y = lwr), col = "red", linetype = "dashed") + geom_line(aes(y = upr), col = "red", linetype = "dashed") + xlab("Height of Father") + ylab("Height of Sons") + ggtitle("Confidence vs Prediction Interval")

Hi, welcome!

Please have a look to our homework policy, homework inspired questions are welcome but they should not include verbatim instructions from your course.

Hi,

Welcome to the RStudio community!

First of all, since this is an assignment, we cannot give you the full answer as per our policies (see post above). We can however give tips to help you solve the issue here. I think you are not providing us all data because you only list 5 heights for mothers, but there is no other info about daughters and in the plot you use labs that suggest fathers and sons...

I know there are several popular formulas out there that predict the height of a child based on its sex and on the height of the parents (you can simply Google that). I don't know if that is supposed to be part of your answer, but if not you'll need more data than you provided to generate any type of estimation.

Good luck!
PJ

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.