R Project "Version Control Git" will not reopen

Description of issue - I have created a GitHub repository (still private because of data policy) and cloned it into Rstudio to create an R Project Version Control using git. The creation of the project goes well, it becomes available in the right path on my computer and I can use both r script and r markdown to create content. I can commit and push to the git repository, and everything goes well. However, if I close the R session and then try to reopen it, the screen in Rstudio shows that it is loading the project but never finish it. If I open an R session out of the project, create a script, close it and then reopen, it goes well. If I create a project using: create project > new directory > new project, everything goes well after close it and reopen. The only issue is with the project that is pushed to GitHub. Before updating both R and RStudio, things were working normally. I made a backup of all R projects and then removed all of them from my computer. Then, I cleaned all "defunct R sessions" and tried to clone the git project once more. But the problem persists. Any help is very welcome!

Here is the screenshot of the project when I load the project. The "loading circle" in "Environment" does not disappear and the project is not loaded:

System Information (from a session out of a git version control project). It is not possible to acess system information on a project session (nothing happens).

• RStudio Edition: (Desktop)
  • RStudio Version: 1.4.1717
  • OS Version: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
  • R Version: 4.0.3 (2020-10-10)
  • sessionInfo(): <!-- R version 4.0.3 (2020-10-10)
    Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
    Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19041)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United Kingdom.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United Kingdom.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_4.0.3 htmltools_0.5.1.1 tools_4.0.3 yaml_2.2.1
[5] rmarkdown_2.7 knitr_1.32 xfun_0.22 digest_0.6.27
[9] rlang_0.4.10 evaluate_0.14 /-->

Referred here from support.rstudio.com

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.