R Session Error: Console Will Not Terminate

Something has happened with one of my projects. The Console is showing as running a script and I cannot seem to terminate. Not matter what i do, the following occurs:

1. Open R and get the "Resuming Session" message
  2. After 15 - 20 seconds, I get an R Session Error -- "The previous R session was abnormally terminated due to an unexpected crash. You may have lost workspace data as a result of this crash".
  3. Click ok on and then get the following File Listing Error: "Error navigating to ~ Error occured during transmission"

Please advise as the project is unusable at this point.

Thanks.

Navigate to the directory in which the Rproj is located and determine if the files open at the time of crash had been saved. If not, they can't be opened. Also check for any lock files.

This assumes RStudio, rather than RStudio Cloud and no operating system complications or hardware issues

This is an RStudio Cloud issue.

You haven't made that clear before (I reclassified your topic for you). I think you should share your projects id, so RStudio people can take a look, but in the meanwhile, you can try the relaunch button.

Thanks. Whatever was happening it appears to have resolved itself but took several hours.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.