R session failed to start; process cannot be accessed

For reasons I cannot figure out, I can no longer start new RStudio sessions (desktop version); see the full copied error report below. I can open projects, but as soon as I close said project, I receive the same error message, and the program crashes.
I have tried deleting and reinstalling both RStudio and R, and deleted all .Rprofile and .RHistory files I could find (note that I do not have access to all subfolders in the "T:/vm" folder described in the report.

All help with how I can get back to work is greatly appreciated!
Cheers

R Session Startup Failure Report

RStudio Version

RStudio 1.4.1717, "Juliet Rose" (df86b69e, 2021-05-24) for Windows

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtWebEngine/5.12.8 Chrome/69.0.3497.128 Safari/537.36

Error message

The R session had a fatal error.

Unexpected exception: rstudio_boost::filesystem::read_symlink: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "T:/vm"

Process Output

The R session exited with code 2.

Error output:

[No errors emitted]

Standard output:

[No output emitted]

Logs

C:/Users/tanjakp/AppData/Local/RStudio/log/rsession-tanjakp.log

05 Oct 2021 10:03:43 [rsession-tanjakp] ERROR Unexpected exception: rstudio_boost::filesystem::read_symlink: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "T:/vm"; LOGGED FROM: int __cdecl rstudio::r::session::RReadConsole(const char *,char *,int,int) src/cpp/r/session/RStdCallbacks.cpp:416
05 Oct 2021 12:53:24 [rsession-tanjakp] ERROR Unexpected exception: rstudio_boost::filesystem::read_symlink: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "T:/vm"; LOGGED FROM: int __cdecl rstudio::r::session::RReadConsole(const char *,char *,int,int) src/cpp/r/session/RStdCallbacks.cpp:416
06 Oct 2021 10:59:05 [rsession-tanjakp] ERROR Unexpected exception: rstudio_boost::filesystem::read_symlink: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "T:/vm"; LOGGED FROM: int __cdecl rstudio::r::session::RReadConsole(const char *,char *,int,int) src/cpp/r/session/RStdCallbacks.cpp:416

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.