R shiny deploying " No such file in path"

keep receiving the error "paths should be to files within project directory".

it works locally but i get this error and then when it goes away, I get the same error when trying to publish. Is it a problem where my data is located?

library(shiny)
library(ggplot2)

spin_rate<-read.csv("C:/Users/Documents/App1Final/final/ tracker final.csv", dec=".", header=TRUE)

If you are going to deploy your app on a system other than yours then you can't use absolute paths (to a local file), you have to use file paths relative to the app's root folder.

@andresrcs can you provide an example how to do that?

how would the above absolute path be converted to a relative file, I tried different variations but none seemed to work

Assuming your app files (app.R or ui.R +server.R) are located on the "App1Final" folder you could use something like this

spin_rate<-read.csv("final/tracker final.csv", dec=".", header=TRUE)

@andresrcs I am still receiving the same error, "cannot open the connection" it is a single final shiny app, and the data is in there as well

I moved the folders now and it is located in folder2

spin_rate<-read.csv("folder2/tracker final.csv", dec=".", header=TRUE)

Could you show us your actual file structure? I'm just guessing what your working directory actually is, I suppose I'm guessing wrong since you keep getting that error message.

So I was able to get past that error, but now I am encountering anew one after launching the app. I get the cannot change working directory error after the app is successfully launched

setwd("~/Questionaire")
library(shiny)
library(ggplot2)

spin<-read.csv("./pitch tracker.csv", dec=".", header=TRUE)

https://aeb620109.shinyapps.io/questionaire/

is the link to the error, any experience with this? Thank you for your help

@andresrcs

You shouldn't change working directory for a shiny app (and you don't need to), the app uses the root directory as the working directory, just delete that command.
As a side note, when working with RStudio projects, changing the working directory is considered a bad practice.

Thank you, if i still get the same error, I restarted the program and still received the error.

"Loading required package: shiny
Want to understand how all the pieces fit together? See the R for Data Science book:

Warning in file(file, "rt") :
cannot open file './pitch tracker.csv': No such file or directory
Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection"

Again, please show your actual file structure, I have no way to know where your files are relative to each other,so I can't give you any specific solution.

I don't understand how this is related to your issue, could you explain? BTW I already read that book.

I have a directory named Questionaire in my documents, and when i open R, the working directory is C:/Users/my name/Documents" so I am unsure what file structure you need me to supply, will happily give you the information. Thank you for your help sofar

If you are working on a shiny app then you should be working on a "project" and the working directory would automatically get changed to the root folder for the app
Take a look into this book (in progress) to understand the basic workflow when working with shiny apps

Thank you for your help, Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.