R Shiny Monitor Downloads

I am interested in having something that can tell the administrator of an application which files a user tried to access via an R Shiny download button. Is there any kind of eventHandler structure through which all download attempts can be monitored?

Best regards,

Michael

Hi @mhogers. You may use send.mail from mailR package to send email to administrator when user download file.

Hi @raytong,

Thank you, that indeed works for monitoring download attempts! I am thinking of something more generic, that could allow us to monitor users trying to maliciously attempt to download files they should not have access to. The initial post may not have clearly stated that, apologies.

Whenever a downloadLink is generated a user gets assigned a link that looks something like this:
session/a80b7c3101c31cb5945160d4b93b339d/download/downloadHandlerIDExample?w=
can we actively monitor all requests to all such endpoints?

I have confidence in the security of downloading files in Shiny, yet I still would be interested in building some kind of detection system if someone attempts to circumvent imposed download restrictions.

Best regards,

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.