I'm having trouble starting up R studio, which opens up to a blank screen. This is the first time installing R and R studio on this machine, but I've confirmed that R itself runs fine. I've really exhausted everything I could think of, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Description of issue
R studio appears as blank screen with unresponsive menu bar upon open. When running diagnostics, it hangs on line "Connected to R session, attempting to initialize..."
Attempted steps taken to fix
- deleted %localappdata%\RStudio-Desktop folder to reset configuration files
- deleted %appdata%\RStudio folder to reset configuration files
- reinstalled R studio
- set permissions in R studio and R folders
- specified the version of R to run on start with ctrl + click
- specified local host address
- checked no startup files exist
- OS Version: Windows 10
- R Version: Microsoft Open 3.5.1