R Studio Professional Drivers - Salesforce connect Fail

We have a need for Salesforce Connectivity. We use R Studio professional drivers, which work just fine for our MSSQL and Oracle needs. However, we are having no luck with our Salesforce connection, keep getting:

Error: nanodbc/nanodbc.cpp:1021: 00000: [RStudio][Salesforce] (148) INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

The documentation is ... minimal, which I suppose is OK. But now I wonder, are there other necessary configuration steps I'm missing? I've asked the Salesforce Admin, they say 'all's good bro'. The only other possible thing I'm wondering is if the 'account' name I'm using is subtly different from what they gave me, which looks like:

iam.somebody@specific_thing.my.salesforce.com

Well, any tips appreciated, sure would like to use this but not finding much info :frowning:

Docs I'm looking at are: Salesforce

The full driver docs for Salesforce can be found here. Details about the different components of the connection string can be found starting on page 39. If you have additional questions or concerns when trying to connect to Salesforce, don't hesitate to reach out to RStudio support.

1 Like

I'm having the exact same issue with the RStudio Pro Salesforce driver. Nothing in the documentation really helps or is very informative. I've triple-checked my credentials More examples would be very helpful.

1 Like

@tknoch8 I'm sorry to hear that! Since this is with the RStudio driver, filing an issue with support@rstudio.com with details about the errors you're observing as well as what you have tried will help us best resolve the issue.

I ended up using the salesforcer package. It meets my needs.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.