R Studio Server on Ubuntu

Hi!
I am trying to install R Studio server on Ubuntu, but keep getting the following error message:

Error during install: 'Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux/linux-libc-dev_5.15.0-47.51_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 194.71.11.163 80]

Anyone else having the same issue? Any solution? Thanks!

Can you give us more information? What Ubuntu version are you using? What installer are you using? What are the specific steps you are taking?

Hi,
my ubuntu version is 22.04. I followed the 3 steps described here:

I can install gdebi and download the r server install package (first 2 steps), but after the third step, that is:
sudo gdebi rstudio-server-2022.07.2-576-amd64.deb
the error occurs, as described. The file seems missing in the repository.

Of course, the Debian packages for R are installed too.

Just to be sure, are you using this link?

https://download2.rstudio.org/server/jammy/amd64/rstudio-server-2022.07.2-576-amd64.deb

Notice that there are separate installers for Ubuntu 22.04 and Ubuntu 18/20.

Yes, I used that very link. I attach a picture of my terminal window, if it helps.

I think this is not an issue with the RStudio installer but with your specific system configuration, because I just installed linux-libc-dev on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS without any issues.
Try manually installing the missing library, if it doesn't work, maybe we can at least get a more informative error message.

sudo apt install linux-libc-dev

Well, I did it. Here is the situation now:

It seems to have installed something, but returns a similar error message.
There shouldnt be anything particular about my configuration, its a fresh install of Ubuntu, default options.

It seems your computer is not able to connect to the Ubuntu repository, the problem seems to be specific to your setup, since I can install from the same repo on mine. Maybe you have connectivity restrictions of some kind like a firewall or proxy server, sadly this is not something I can help with remotely.

Maybe you would have better luck by asking for help installing that system library on a Ubuntu related forum.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.