R Studio won't open on windows 10

This is my first request for help, hopefully I can communicate it well. R Studio won't open on my desktop running windows 10 and r 3.6. A small window appears above the dock, but it won't open. I tried everything I found on help pages including cntrl click and running as software, removing .Rprofile, .Renviron, and .RData files. I uninstalled and reinstalled both R and R Studio. My log file is now empty. Does anyone have any recommendations for how I can get R Studio working again?
Thank-you!
Wes Furlong

Do you have any better luck with the preview release of RStudio?

I assume the installation went through without any errors.
What youÄve said sounds a bit like the dock tries to open RStudio from a path in which Rstudio is not found.
At a starter I recommend you to do 2 things:

1. Check the entire real installation path of RStudio (f.e.: E:\R\RStudio\bin\rstudio.exe)
  2. Check which path is assigned to the dock (right click on the dock/more/open file location) and than check the path behind the link to the program (right click/properties)
    Both pathes must match and be the same.

Thanks so much! That was really helpful.

Does that mean you've got it running again?

No, I haven’t yet. I’ve been running it on laptop w/o a problem, but never got it to work on the desktop. It now seems like the problem isn’t r studio; more like windows is stopping it from opening.

Are any security policies activated on the desktop?
F.e. because you received that by your employer?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.