R takes up all the memory

Hi,
I am running R studio on Windows 10 machine. When I open it, it consumes 72% of my memory usage. The memory report says that most of the memory is taken from the system. So basically even before starting working on my session I already have little memory.
Problems started a few days ago when my R became slow and took a long time to run some commands that were previously running normally. It ventilates and does not respond anymore.
I deleted and reinstalled the newest version (4.1.1) but the issue persist.

How much memory does your computer have and how much memory is R Studio taking?

It's possible that it's preloading your work, one of your recent files from history. Did you deal with a large file recently? There may be a cache of that file preloading from somewhere.

1 Like

Yes indeed. The database iā€™m using is quite large. But before it was working fine.
My computer has 8GB RAM, and R takes around 300 MB when I launch it (with everything else closed), once I upload my dataset and try to run the code which is giving me problems (a regression with a factor for districts effects) it takes up to 2000MB, the computer ventilates and takes too long.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.