R text editor support in RStudio

I am just learning R, and bought the R for Dummies book. In Chapter 12 (Getting Data into and out of R) it indicates that the most recent versions of RStudio support the "edit()" function.

I attempted the following code, and received the following error message. If someone could confirm whether RStudio supports the R test editor through "edit()", I would appreciate it. If it does, what am I doing wrong?

elements <- data.frame()
elements <- edit(elements)
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
Error in edit.data.frame(elements) : X11 dataentry cannot be loaded
In addition: Warning messages:
1: running command ''/usr/bin/otool' -L '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/modules/R_de.so'' had status 1
2: In edit.data.frame(elements) :
unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/modules//R_de.so':
dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/modules//R_de.so, 6): Library not loaded: /opt/X11/lib/libSM.6.dylib
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/modules//R_de.so
Reason: image not found

You are getting that particular error message, because in MacOS you have to install xcode and XQuartz in order for R to run properly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.