radiant::radiant_viewer() - cannot create dir 'C:\Users\ejohn\OneDrive??????.radiant.sessions', reason 'Invalid argument'*

I am trying to work with Radiane and R. There is a .rds file that my instructor created from one of his research projects. Others in my MBA cohort are able to open it, but when I try to start R, the below text is what I get. the default data is present in R, but when I try to load the .rds file, radiant can't open the file. I believe that the attempt to create a directory on onedrive is the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. My default browser is Chrome, but it also failed when I set my default to Edge.

starting radiant in the default browser ...

Use radiant::radiant_viewer() in Rstudio to open radiant in the Rstudio viewer
or radiant::radiant_window() in Rstudio to open radiant in an Rstudio window
Warning in dir.create(.) :

• cannot create dir 'C:\Users\ejohn\OneDrive??????.radiant.sessions', reason 'Invalid argument'*

Listening on http://127.0.0.1:7102
Warning in normalizePath(path.expand(path), winslash, mustWork) :

• path[1]="C:/Users/ejohn/OneDrive/??????/.radiant.sessions/": The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect*
    Warning in normalizePath(path.expand(path), winslash, mustWork) :
  • path[1]="C:/Users/ejohn/OneDrive/??????/.radiant.sessions/": The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect*

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.