Random title being generated at top of ggplots

This may be a poorly-posed question as I am quite new to R, but could someone help me figure out why my ggplots are randomly using a number as a plot title? For example, I generated the plot below:

plot <- FeatureScatter(combined, feature1 = "nCount_RNA", feature2 = "nFeature_RNA", group.by="compartment.class",cols=c("red","orange","green","yellow","blue","purple"))
plot + geom_hline(yintercept=temp3,color="black",linetype=2) +
geom_hline(yintercept=temp4,color="black",linetype=2) +
geom_vline(xintercept=temp1,color="black",linetype=2) +
geom_vline(xintercept=temp2,color="black",linetype=2)

Nowhere do I specify a plot title, but when I print my scatterplot, it has "0.81" as the plot title.

Please let me know if there's any other information needed to address my question!

Assuming this is from the Seurat package, the help for FeatureScatter indicates that the "Pearson correlation between the two features is displayed above the plot," so the function is generating the plot title automatically. If you don't want this, you could add + labs(title=NULL) to the end of your plot code to remove the title, or you could add a different title with + labs(title="My title").

Thank you! I didn't consider the Seurat command.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.