Receiving an error when trying to update rlang package

Hi.

I'm compiling a PDF document in RMarkdown. When I try to knit the document, it gives me the following error. One of my code chunks has the tidyverse package in it.

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]): namespace ‘rlang’ 0.4.0 is already loaded, but >= 0.4.1 is required

I have tried updating the tidyverse package and the following warnings appear in my console.

package ‘purrr’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Warning in install.packages :
  cannot remove prior installation of package ‘purrr’
  problem copying C:\Users\Tanga\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\00LOCK\purrr\libs\x64\purrr.dll to C:\Users\Tanga\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\purrr\libs\x64\purrr.dll: Permission denied
  restored ‘purrr’
package ‘rlang’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
  cannot remove prior installation of package ‘rlang’
  problem copying C:\Users\Tanga\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\00LOCK\rlang\libs\x64\rlang.dll to C:\Users\Tanga\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\rlang\libs\x64\rlang.dll: Permission denied
  restored ‘rlang’
package ‘tidyverse’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in
	C:\Users\Tanga\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpcPcRHl\downloaded_packages

Can anyone advise me on how this can get debugged? Even after attempting to update both the tidyverse and rlang packages, this error still persists and my document won't knit.

TIA

I'm facing absolutely the same issue

Check your write permissions on the library folder or run RStudio as administrator

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.