Restart not removing objects in global environment

When I restart R Studio it no longer removes objects in the "Global Environment." Is this a malfunction or the way it is supposed to work now?

I have "unchecked" everything in the Basic General Preferences except the three items beneath "Other."

I am running R Studio 1.4.1103 with R 4.0.3 GUI 1.73 Catalina build (7892) on a 2019 MacBook Pro running Catalina OS 10.15.17.

Other information about my version of RStudio:
"Wax Begonia" (458706c3, 2021-01-06) for macOS
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtWebEngine/5.12.8 Chrome/69.0.3497.128 Safari/537.36

Just to be sure, your "workspace" settings are set this way right?

If that is the case, then the next thing to check is if you are loading your previous workspace from a startup file (i.e. Rprofile.site or .Rprofile files).

1 Like

Yes, thank you for replying.

I’m not sure how to tell if aim doing this: “ If that is the case, then the next thing to check is if you are loading your previous workspace from a startup file (i.e. Rprofile.site or .Rprofile files).” But, I don’t think I am.

Check if you have any of those files and if you do, check the content. I don't know the exact location since I don't use macOS but you can google it.

Ah! I didn't have "never" toggled in the save workspace selection box, I just had the box unchecked. That did it. Thanks again for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.