Retrieving stored ARIMA model using REACTIVE function -- Error in as.vector: cannot coerce type 'closure' to vector of type 'character

I have saved a ARIMA model and Validation dataframe containing (sales & price) as RDS objects and trying to retrieve the same using REACTIVE functions.

server <- function(input,output) {              

m_arima_model <- reactive({
      readRDS(<path>)
  }) 

m_valid_data <- reactive({
    readRDS(<path>)
  })

output$FC <- renderPlot({
     m_fc <- forecast(m_arima_model(), 
                        xreg = 
     m_valid_data()$price[1:input$horizon])
     plot(m_fc)
})

But this is throwing the following error Error in as.vector: cannot coerce type 'closure' to vector of type 'character'. I have also tried moving m_arima_model() to another variable inside renderPlot which throws the same error. Can you please help ?

I am not sure whether accessing the validation price using m_valid_data()$price[1:input$horizon] is right as well. The horizon value is from input variables.

Could you ask this with a minimal REPRoducible EXample (reprex)? A reprex makes it much easier for others to understand your issue and figure out how to help.

Error in as.vector: cannot coerce type 'closure' to vector of type 'character

I feel the error message is pretty clear, somewhere a function (closure) is being applied where a vector of type character is expected. I'm pretty sure the lines where you define m_arima_model and m_valid_data are just setting them us as functions, so when you apply them to forecast you get this error.

Note

library(shiny)
m_arima_model <- reactive({
  readRDS()
})
typeof(m_arima_model)
#> [1] "closure"

Created on 2018-08-01 by the reprex package (v0.2.0.9000).

1 Like

I am sorry. This was my mistake. I missed out on using an earlier reactive call. Thank you @EconomiCurtis for suggesting to create a REPPEX, which is when I was able to isolate the issue in my code. Thank you all.

4 Likes

If your question's been answered (even by you! especially by you solving it yourself in the course of making a reprex :heart_eyes:), would you mind choosing a solution? It helps other people see which questions still need help, or find solutions if they have similar problems. Here’s how to do it:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Error in as.character: cannot coerce type 'closure' to vector of type 'character' [No stack trace available]