Rmarkdown Error: path for html_dependency not found:

I am getting an error when trying to preview a chapter (or knit the whole book) in bookdown.
`R> bookdown::preview_chapter("io56-intro-rmarkdown.Rmd")

Error: path for html_dependency not found: `

This occurred after I tried to change my version of R by installing the mac M1 version, which may have borked the paths.

Currently running:

R> sessionInfo()
R version 4.1.2 (2021-11-01)
Platform: aarch64-apple-darwin20 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Big Sur 11.6

Matrix products: default
LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1-arm64/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib

I have

1. updated RStudio
  2. Updated R packages
  3. cleared the knitr cache
  • all to no avail.
  1. Note that markdown:render("io56-intro-rmarkdown.Rmd") does generate an html file, which I find puzzling.

Any ideas on how to fix the path for html_dependency and restore my ability to preview/Knit?
(I don't know how to find/reveal the current html_dependency path)

It appears that this (might) not be fixable with current RStudio/M1 combination??

thanks for your help!

Peter

1 Like

I've got an M1, but I'm still running

sessionInfo()
R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin17.0 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS 10.16

I've been wondering about updating. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions, but I'm going to follow along on this topic.

Are you up to date regarding packages ? You can try dev version of bookdown and rmarkdown also.
It reminds me of something we may have fixed. :thinking:

Do you have a reproducible example to share ?

Otherwise, are you able to share a traceback() results, just after you get the error in the console running preview ?

Sorry, for productivity reasons I quickly reverted back to the arm version to keep things working.
I will stay on the sidelines of aarch64-apple-darwin20 (64-bit) for a bit longer.
Everything works fine with arm.
I am looking forward to more speed eventually, but I don't need native M1 speed just yet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.