RStudio 2022.12.0 CTRL+ENTER shortcut not working

Just installed the 2022.12.0 version.

When using CTRL+ENTER shortcut to run the code it opens a separate source tab instead of running the code

The issue you're encountering is likely related to a change in the behavior of the CTRL+ENTER shortcut in the latest version of RStudio. In previous versions, using the shortcut would run the code in the current source editor, but in the latest version it opens a new source tab instead.

You can try the following to resolve the issue:

1. Go to the RStudio menu and select "Tools" -> "Global Options"
  2. In the "Code" section, select "Editing"
  3. Under "Keybindings", change the "Run Current Line or Selection" from "Ctrl+Enter" to "Ctrl+Shift+Enter"

This should resolve the issue and allow you to use the "Ctrl+Shift+Enter" shortcut to run the code in the current source editor.

Thanks for the answer.

I changed it to Ctrl+Shift+Enter but I like Ctrl+Enter better as I am used to it from previous versions.

So I changed it back Ctrl+Enter and it now works without opening the source editor.

Seems a bit inconsistent though as Ctrl+Enter was set as the shortcut for running the code before as well.

Thanks again for your answer

I think this is not related to RStudio 2022.12.0 but to your specific OS, on Linux, Ctrl+Enter works the same as always.

Most likely by editing the Keybindings you have overwritten your OS settings

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.