rstudio 64 bit version

......................This post is solved....

What version of RStudio are you using? When you say 'slow', do you mean that the IDE itself is laggy (e.g. typing is laggy, window resizing is laggy) or that the R session itself appears to be slow (e.g. code that should normally be fast is running slowly)?

The preview release of RStudio should work much better with newer hardware (and especially high DPI displays) so if you're willing you might want to give it a download and let us know what your experience is. (We're hoping to promote this to a release candidate early next year)

My only guess would be if your laptop were running while not connected to a power source, your laptop might try to conserve energy and run the processor at a lower speed. If your laptop is plugged in, this shouldn't happen.

If this is related to execution time, it could be something else. Did you install a new, or different, version of R on your new machine? What about R packages? Ultimately this will be hard for us to help narrow down, but a reproducible example would help.

Is there any anti-virus or internet security software that might cause the problem? Can you whitelist RStudio?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I want to say that my Rstudio is near usuably laggy on a Thinkpad 470s. It's completely beyond a joke. Scrolling or changing files can take 1-2 seconds for each scroll. Preview release doesn't seem to fix this issue for me.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.