RStudio and shiny app slow responsiveness

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced a similar problem or might have an idea what this could be related to: RStudio as well as my deployed Shiny app show different reaction time and responsiveness based on the computer used and the physical location of the computer as well as factors such as being connected via a network cable or the wifi.

When I move from location A to location B (a few meters apart only), and go from being attached to the power cable to running off battery, but still connected to the same WiFi, RStudio pretty much stops working. The only solution that (sometimes) works is then to restart the computer completely. And this is when I am at home, connected to private WiFi.
Sometimes this happens when I am at the office and I change from my office to the meeting room and unplug from the network cable. Nothing works and sometimes even restarting does not do anything.

At the same time, when a colleague and I run the deployed app at the same time under exactly the same conditions in the meeting room (e.g. wifi, no power cable), the app on his side has incredibly slow responsiveness while my one works fine. That happens regardless of who opened the link first etc.

My colleague on a different continent can run it just fine.

I have absolutely no idea which factors might be involved in this and I wonder if that might have to do with some of the company's general IT settings?
It surprises me to see that the issues also occur when I am at home and not just in the office.

Any ideas?

Further info:
R Studio Desktop Edition
R Studio Version: 1.1.442
R Version: 3.4.4 (2018-03-15)
Windows 10, Version 1607 Build 14393.2125