RStudio cloud, experience with many users simultaneously?

Dear fellow R- aficionados,

Soon, I will be giving a 3-hour code along workshop in Deep Learning using in R using TensorFlow via Keras, where I expect around 100 participants. I.e. install Keras and Tidyverse and some code from my GitHub rep.

In order to avoid local installation issues, I plan to let the workshop participants create an RStudio Cloud account each and then run the entire workshop from there.

• Can RStudio Cloud manage this many users simultaneously?
  • Is there anything in particular I need to be aware of?

rstudio.cloud is currently limited to 1GB of RAM so you won't even be able to run MNIST. Your best best is to set up EC2 GPU instances for the participants.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer @kevinykuo, where can I find some information on doing so? :+1:

Ps. I am working in academia and this workshop and this workshop is completely free and hosted by the CopenhagenR useR community

You can just launch a pre-made AMI ready to use like this one AWS Marketplace: RStudio Server with Tensorflow-GPU for AWS but it's not free, the free tier on AWS also has the 1GB of RAM limitation.

Here is a nice post about how to do it

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.