RStudio Cloud hangs on open/not loading at all

RStudio.cloud won't load at all. It just hangs with the message "Loading..." printed in the browser. I'm on MS Edge v.41.16299.967.0.

The Edge web console gives the following error on page load:
" uncaught at b at b
TypeError: Unable to get property 'get' of undefined or null reference
at Anonymous function (URL/js/app.4d2a51fa94d9a954c10a.js:46:425439)
at M (URL/js/app.4d2a51fa94d9a954c10a.js:46:298568)
at Anonymous function (URL/js/app.4d2a51fa94d9a954c10a.js:46:298356)
at e[t] (URL/js/app.4d2a51fa94d9a954c10a.js:46:298741)
at O (URL/js/app.4d2a51fa94d9a954c10a.js:46:64238)
at b (URL/js/app.4d2a51fa94d9a954c10a.js:46:64078)
at _ (URL/js/app.4d2a51fa94d9a954c10a.js:46:69427)
at Anonymous function (URL/js/app.4d2a51fa94d9a954c10a.js:1:140417)
at n (URL/js/app.4d2a51fa94d9a954c10a.js:1:98)
at Anonymous function (URL/js/app.4d2a51fa94d9a954c10a.js:46:293827)"

(I had to replace the base URL with "URL" due to posting restrictions)

Could that be of any significance?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello @prenumerant,

I'm sorry this is happening. Thank you for including that error message and your browser details, that's very helpful information. Are you able to open RStudio Cloud using a different browser? I suspect it's an issue with Edge, although I'm not yet sure if it's specific to the version you're running.

Thanks so much,
Mel

Update: I am able to load RStudio Cloud using MS Edge 42.17134 (the current version is 44.17763). I'm still working on identifying what, exactly, is causing RStudio Cloud not to load with the version you are running, but either a more recent version of MS Edge or a different browser ought to work. I hope that helps.

Hello @mel,

Thanks a lot for your help! Unfortunately it seems that my employer won't let me install any other browser than MS IE 11 and Edge, so I'll only be able to run it via any of those browsers.

I'm starting to think that it could possibly be a firewall error or something similar, i.e. that some sub-service is blocked by my employer's firewall. I'm sad to say that my web browser troubleshooting skills aren't the best... Do you have any idea how I could find out whether this is the case? If so I could probably convince them to unblock the domain in question.

Sure thing, and I'm pretty sure I've tracked this particular issue down.

What you're experiencing here is related to the browser version: I can reproduce it also using that version of Edge, as well as IE 11. It's going to take us a bit to resolve, but a more recent version of Edge should work, if you can get it (in my testing, Edge 42 loads the way I'd expect).

I will update again once we have a fix in place.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

1 Like

Hi @mel,

Thank you for all your help so far! Any news on this?

Best,
p.

Hello @prenumerant,

I do have some news: we're currently verifying a change that should fix this issue and hope to be able to deploy it sometime next week. Thanks for your patience and your interest -- I'll post again once it's live.

Mel

That's fantastic news! Thank you so much!

Cheers, p.

@prenumerant, I have more good news: we deployed a change today that should allow you to use RStudio Cloud with Edge 41.

Note: this same change also allows RStudio Cloud to now load with IE 11, but I'm aware of some additional bugs with that browser at present, so I think your best bet will be to use Edge going forward.

Thanks for your patience while we fixed this issue, and please do let us know if you encounter any others, or have any other feedback to share.

3 Likes

Fantastic! Thank you for your help with this. I'll make sure to report any further issues if I encounter any.

Best,
p.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.