RStudio Cloud - Hit max project hours

A Message from RStuido Community Moderators
Please note we have added a support article on handling usage limit questions here

Hello,

Although I was notified that usage limits won't be applied for now to my account, this morning I got blocked. I have 6 projects that I need to download or get access to:

If I may give some feedback, this transition hasn't been organised properly. Locking users out of their code isn't acceptable imo. You can block collaboration or computation, sure. Also single individuals working on personal projects in Cloud for pure convenience (like me) shouldn't be expected to convert to a paying plan at these prices. I guess this is a big chunk of Cloud's users, and treating them the same as teaching classes and working teams seems too harsh.

This is well intended feedback from a big fan of your ecosystem.

Thank you

Hello,

The account associated with all these projects is on the Cloud Free plan which has a limit of 15 project hours per month, as stated on our website:

I checked your account usage for the current usage cycle (09/18 - 10/18) and you have exceeded this limit. You can see your current period usage by going to the Account Overview page:

We are working on making improvements that would benefit users who get locked out due to usage, allowing them to download their projects in a more convenient way. If you need to download your projects, please open a support ticket using the Technical Support link in the left navigation menu and we will provide assistance.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 9.23.20 AM

Regarding upgrading to a paid plan, we provide several discounts to qualifying organizations and individuals, so please check out our pricing page and the various discounts we offer:

Best,
Omar

Thanks a lot for your reply Omar.

My "Help" section doesn't have the "Technical Support" link, just the first two. Are you sure this is provided even for non-paying users?

Best

Hi @cardsbettor,

I'll send you a DM and we can get this sorted out. (You're right that the Technical Support link only appears for paid accounts -- sorry for the confusion.)

Mel

Please note we have added a support article on handling usage limit questions here

Hi, I have the same problem and have to urgently download a file. Could you please help me out?

1 Like

Sure thing @manyak. I'll send you a DM and we can get this sorted out.

Mel

Hello, I have the exact same problem. Will you be able to help me out as well? Thanks

Hello, I have the same problem. Part of my Thesis is my workspace and I cannot access to download.
I am going to use R studio desktop.

Thanks in advance! @mel

1 Like

@Sumaiya_Nathani and @Carlos_Perez -- I'll send you each a DM and we can get it sorted out.

Hi @mel,

I got the same problem here too. My project link is: https://rstudio.cloud/project/1646504

Could you please kindly help me out too. I'm a desperate BA student on a tight timeline of my assignments. Thank you!!!

Regards,
Neil

Hi, I have the same problem and I need access as my deadline for my work is this friday. Please could you provide extension or allow me to download my project?

Thank you

@Hui_Hung_Fang and @nazmin.i -- I'll send you each a DM.

Hi, the same issue has happened to me. Could you dm the link to download my project as well: https://rstudio.cloud/project/1531236

Thanks!

Hi @rawatso5,

It doesn't look like your account is locked -- if you can't access your project right now, you might have something else going on. Can you please create a separate topic if you're not able to open your project(s) and describe what happens when you try?

Thank you,
Mel