RStudio Connect cannot find manifest.json

I am trying to deploy a Git-backed static site to my company's internal instance of RStudio Connect, and I am getting the following error.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 10.16.20 AM

The branch already has a manifest.json file I generated with rsconnect::writeManifest(). In fact, my devops contact could successfully deploy this same repo. What can I do to troubleshoot?

Is RStudio Connect using a service account to pickup code from Github? If so, does that account have read access to the repo? I've found that to be a simple troubleshooting step.

I am using Git-backed content: 14 Git Backed Content | RStudio Connect: User Guide. There is a special internal GitHub account that manages these deployments, and it does have access.

My devops contact could successfully deploy it, and I could not. But when I added a new branch to the repo but still tried the main branch on RStudio Connect, it started working.

We are starting to think it might be related to the branch select dropdown menu. I have had this problem in the past, and sometimes it fixes itself if I just re-select the branch.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 1.22.59 PM