RStudio data viewer showing Greek characters instead of English

Hi,
I am a newbie, loading data (data(iris)) into R. Everything is fine but when I do View(iris), the Species names are shown in a different language. Wondering if there's a bug or something? Please see an example below.

Here's a link to the same issue - unresolved!!

Some system details that might be helpful:
R version 4.0.1 (2020-06-06)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 18362)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252 LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252 LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252

I have something interesting to share. May be, you can look at it with your expert eye to nail the issue. Here's what I found. I right clicked on the line Showing 1 to 20 of 150 entries, 5 total columns and inspected in Styles (in DevTools) the last piece of code (body{}) which has font-family in it. The list in font-family is 'DejaVu Sans', 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif . When I remove/delete 'DejaVu Sans' from the list, the font in the table appears in English. It seems as if there's something wrong with the 'DejaVu Sans' font(?)

Here's a link to the same issue - unresolved!!

Hi Everyone,
I am desperately for a solution to my problem. Can someone look into this please?

cheers

Hi,

Sorry it has taken such a long time for anyone to respond! I must say however that I myself have no clue how to solve this, but I escalated this issue to the RStudio team and hopefully someone there can help you out.

Fingers crossed
PJ

Thanks for noting this. The RStudio IDE team is aware of the issue and working on it.

Here's the github issue where it's being tracked.

Hi PJ and EconomiCurtis,
Thanks for responding. Will appreciate if this could be fixed or a solution is provided.

Regards,
Shurli

Hello everyone,
Any luck??