Just in case it's useful to others.
Problem: On a MacBook, RStudio crashes on startup with the error "RStudio cannot be opened because of a problem".
- MacBook Air 2018, macOS 10.14.6
- Installed R-4.1.2.pkg (R 4.1.2 binary for macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) and higher, Intel 64-bit build)
- Installed RStudio-2022.02.0-443.dmg
The crash report includes the lines:
Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x1] Library missing
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libssl.1.1.dylib
- RStudio-2022.06.0-daily-156.dmg (Latest daily build) -> Didn't work. Got the same error.
- RStudio-2021.09.3-385.dmg (Latest patched version of the previous version) -> Didn't work. Got the same error.
- RStudio-2021.09.2-382.dmg (Two versions back) -> This worked! RStudio Desktop started without crashing.