Description of issue -
My RStudio crashed after attempting to run a computationally intensive batch of code. I was unable to save my script or exit RStudio, so shut down with Task manager. After this I have been unable to open RStudio, which just opens up an icon on my taskbar but does not open up an actual window.
Attempted steps taken to fix -
Following the troubleshoot file 'RStudio Desktop Will Not Start' where I can, I have:
- Restarted my computer
- Removed .Rhistory , .Renviron and .RData files from my drive
- Reset RStudio by changing the name of the local apps folder
- Uninstalled and reinstalled R multiple times
After reinstalling an error message would appear on some attempted start-ups - "Fatal error: unable to initialize the JIT"
A potentially connected issue is that my firm has stringent firewalls, and so before this issue started I would have to close a warning saying something similar to "Git.version .exe is not working" - but this did not appear to affect functionality.
Any ideas would be very much appreciated!
- RStudio Desktop v.1.2.1335
- OS Version: Windows 10
- R Version: 3.6.1
- Output your diagnostics report (if possible):