RStudio does not start up with R 4.1.0 on Macbook Pro M1 MacOs Big Sur 11.3.1

Here is the RStudio error message:

dyld: could not load inserted library
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib/libR.dylib'
because no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib/libR.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib/libR.dylib: stat() failed with errno=1

Note: RStudio worked fine with previous version of R. Looks like a compatibility issue, but this is above my pay grade! Suggestions?

Did you install the Preview version of RStudio for R 4.1 compatibility? It also supports the Apple Silicon (aarch64) build of R 4.1.

Thanks. No -- I used the latest stable release: Version 1.4.1106.

However, I fixed the problem by downloading the R4.1.0 Intel version -- it runs under Rosetta 2, the Mac Intel to Native M1 translator. I will update RStudio when the new version becomes available and then reload the native M1 Mac OS version of R. For my purposes, the temporary infelicities do not matter.

And I need to apologize for the noise -- more careful reading of the CRAN download page would have led me to the solution immediately.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.