In the last couple of days, RStudio has become suddenly extremely slow to fully non-responsive. Meanwhile, R itself works just fine. I've run through solutions presented in a number of previous threads with no success. The only thing that seems to help is completely disconnecting my laptop from the internet, which isn't particularly useful.
- RStudio takes several minutes to show anything other than the menu bar.
- Once RStudio finally starts running, it is sometimes still totally unresponsive to me clicking in a particular pane or trying to do anything.
- I'm using projects on the local drive, and have made sure all of the environment variables are on the local drive as well.
- It's not just one project. I've checked projects with/without Git. I've reinstalled Git.
- I have reset RStudio's state and uninstalled RStudio/upgraded to the latest version, but I didn't notice any difference.
- Windows Defender is fully disabled, and I've set my company's Avast antivirus to "passive" instead of real-time scanning mode. I've also added exceptions in Avast for R and RStudio.
- If I disconnect wifi, RStudio seems to run and operate normally. If I reconnect wifi after RStudio is open and running in a project, it seems to freeze up again for a while at least. This is true for projects with/without Git.
Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. This is driving me nuts.