RStudio failing to launch under sway

Hey,
I'm encountering a problem trying to run RStudio under Sway (a tiling window manager like i3, but uses wayland). When I tried to launch it using dmenu, it failed, so I decided to try run it from terminal. When I do that, it prints out the following everytime:

Failed to load client buffer integration: wayland-egl

WebEngineContext used before QtWebEngine::initialize() or OpenGL context creation failed.
qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "xdg-shell" found
qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "xdg-shell-v6" found
qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "wl-shell" found
qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "ivi-shell" found
qt.qpa.wayland: Loading shell integration failed.
qt.qpa.wayland: Attempted to load the following shells ("xdg-shell", "xdg-shell-v6", "wl-shell", "ivi-shell")
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()

I have not found a solution to this problem even with extemsive googling. Maybe someone here knows what's going on.

And just as a reference, RStudio runs perfectly fine under wayland GNOME and I installed it from the official Fedora 28 version downloaded from rstudio website and I'm using Fedora 32.

+1 facing the same problem here, with the exact same setup (Sway). Tried upgrading RStudio, same problem. Defaulting back to GNOME, as a workaround for now.

RStudio doesn't support Wayland (due to an incompatibility with the underlying rendering engine). You can comment/upvote the tracking issue here:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.