RStudio keeps crashing when loading packages

My RStudio keeps crashing when loading packages, particularly BiodiversityR and xlsx. I am using RStudio version 2022.02.2. I have also updated R and all my R Packages. I also reinstalled the packages that make RStudio crash but my problem persists. I loaded both these packages directly in R. But, i cannot load them in RStudio. Here's my 'sessionInfo':

version 4.2.0 (2022-04-22 ucrt)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19044)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.utf8 LC_CTYPE=English_United States.utf8 LC_MONETARY=English_United States.utf8 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.utf8

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

This is an issue with the new R version 4.2.0. You should install the previous version 4.1.3, which will solve the issue: Index of /bin/windows/base/old/4.1.3

Or give the patched R 4.2.0 version a chance:

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rpatched.html

i will revert back to the older version and check if this resolves my problem. However, if this is an issue with the newer version of R (not RStudio), is it still possible to load these packages directly from new version of R but fails when you load via Rstudio? I apologize for my delayed response. I was away from desk for a few days,

I reverted back to version 4.1.3 and now RStudio doesn't crash for either packages. I also tried the patched version, which also doesn't crash. Thanks.
will this issue be fixed in next version of R? the Patched version is not an official release, right?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.