RStudio miserably slow on OS Monterey when knitting xaringan-slides

I am having problems with VERY slow displays of my xaringan slides on two of my Macs (one is a 2017 iMac Pro macOS Monterey Version 12.4 with 128 GB RAM the other is a M1 Max MBP with 64 GB RAM) but the third one (which is an 2018 MBP running Big Sur Version 11.6.4 ) is performing like normal. The slides knit like normal but when the window to display the slides renders it stays blank for about 50-60 seconds instead of the 0-5 it normally takes. I rolled my new machines back to RStudio 2021.09.1 Build 372 and Xaringan 0.23 to match the old machine and the performance is still a mess. Once in a while the new machines render properly but at least 90% of the time they are aweful. Moonreader is basically not usable on the new machines. I think this is exactly the same problem that cathblatt reported in another locked help posting. Any suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.