I have a weird problem where Rstudio can no longer save to any folder other than the parent folder (that includes none of its sub-directories, such as documents or documents/R )
I get a "file not found" error
here's what i do know and tried
- I didn't do anything with Rstudio prior to the problem starting.
- I tried updating to the latest version - 1.2.1335
- I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version. still have this problem
- Permissions-wise - I have Full Control - every permission as both the user and as an administrator and i tried saving various types of files when running as both of them.
- the parent folder of \documents\ , that is the main folder is the only one that works, and i have the Full control. C:\ doesn't work because i don't have permission (As the user).
I also tried the following in Powershell as admin
- attrib -r +s C:\Users\Documents\ /s /d - "file not Found"
- attrib -r +s C:\Users\Ehrlichstein\Documents\R /s /d "Access Denied" (Also for all subfolders)
I looked for solutions on superuser (https://superuser.com/questions/274943/attrib-s-r-c-folder-path-d-s-just-wont-work) and in windows 10 official discussion, and in Rstudio archived support and I couldn't find an answer that worked.
I run Windows Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 and R studio Version 1.2.1335
any help would be appreciated. thanks !
R session info: R version 3.5.2 (2018-12-20) Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit) Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 17134)
Matrix products: default
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
 LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252  LC_NUMERIC=C
 LC_TIME=English_United States.1252
attached base packages:
stats graphics grDevices utils datasets  methods base
loaded via a namespace (and not attached): compiler_3.5.2 htmltools_0.3.6 tools_3.5.2
 yaml_2.2.0 Rcpp_1.0.0 rmarkdown_1.11  knitr_1.21 xfun_0.4 digest_0.6.18
I also posted a question on superuser