RStudio Server: connection problems to Oracle database

Hello,

I want to connect to an Oracle database from RStudio Server (Linux RedHat; R version 3.6.0 , Platform: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu (64-bit)), but I am having problems.

It was necessary to install the Oracle drivers and now the odbcListDrivers() output is the following:

I guess the Oracle driver installation is OK? The "setup" line does not appear for Oracle, is there a problem with this? Do you think there may be an issue with the drivers (e.g. pending installation/configuration,etc.)?

I am trying to connect to the Oracle database using the DBI package. When I run the following command:

library(DBI)
connection <-DBI::dbConnect(odbc::odbc(), Driver = "Oracle", Server = "my_server", Database = "my_dbname", UID = "my_username", PWD = "my_password", Port = 1771)

But I am getting the following error message:

Error: nanodbc/nanodbc.cpp:983: 00000: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/opt/rstudio-drivers/oracle/bin/lib/liboracleodbc_sb64.so' : file not found

Do you know what can I do to solve this issue? Any suggestion?

Do you recommend to use DBI or a different library? Can you provide a sample code, so I can test if the connection works in my server?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.