Rstudio Server (open source) authentication using PAM

I installed Rstudio Server (open source) on CentOS 8 and everything is working perfectly, except I am not able to log in using a non-linux user. My company is basically windows-only. They gave me a linux server so I could run Rstudio server, but they aren't going to help me configure it for PAM. I admit I know very little about PAM.

'roger' is my linux username and 'bosr' is my windows username. I am able to log in fine with my linux username, but when I try to use my windows username, I get the error message Error: Incorrect or invalid username/password

I installed the pamtester and I was surprised to see that the pamtester shows successful authentication using my non-linux (windows) username:

[bosr@rth.ad.rothschild.com@usd1sapp101 ~]$ sudo pamtester --verbose rstudio bosr authenticate
[sudo] password for bosr@rth.ad.rothschild.com: 
pamtester: invoking pam_start(rstudio, bosr, ...)
pamtester: performing operation - authenticate
Password: 
pamtester: successfully authenticated

I was hoping that pamtester would show me where the problem was, but given that pamtester was scucessful, what should I try next?

My /etc/pam.d/rstudio currently looks like this:

#%PAM-1.0
auth      requisite      pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet
auth      include        password-auth
account   include        password-auth

I have tried pam_sssd.so, pam-sss.so, pam_ldap.so. None of them work. Also, is there any log file where I can see more about what the problem may be? Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.